Skill Advancement Program – Eligibility Requirements
- Each applicant MUST be a member in good standing of the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters prior to the class start date. All applications will be reviewed.
- One application and one Course Reservation Fee ($25.00) MUST be submitted for each course & must be received a minimum of seven (7) days prior to the class start date. If you are placed on the Wait List, submit a check to ensure a spot in the class if there are cancellations.
- If no Fee is submitted 7 days prior to the class start date, your reservation will be moved to the back of the list and those on the Wait List with a Fee in the office will be scheduled for the class.
- Please make Checks payable to the “Carpenter Skill Advancement Program”. Money Orders or Cashiers Checks can be submitted but please leave the payable line blank. No cash or credit cards are accepted.
Mail or Drop off your Course Reservation Fee – 1256 Estes Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. If dropping off, hours are 8:00am-4:00pm
- You are not scheduled for the class until your Course Reservation Fee is in our office.
- Applicants will be notified if they are eligible to attend prior to the class start date.
- Course Reservation Fees will be returned to ineligible applicants or in the event that the requested class is full / cancelled.
- Course Reservation Fees will be returned to members upon successful completion of each class.
- Fees will only be deposited if the member:
- Fails to call in to cancel the class prior to the start date.
- Fails to notify the office why the member missed a class that started (80% of the class must be completed).
- Stops coming to the class and doesn’t notify the office that they are dropping out.
All classes offered have a maximum number of seats available for each class. This is due to instructor/student ratios and available equipment for each class. If you are registered for a class and need to cancel, please call and cancel as soon as possible. Failure to notify us of your cancellation two (2) days prior to the class starting date may result in your course reservation fee being deposited. We reserve the right to cancel any course for which there is an insufficient number of course reservation fees submitted. All fees collected for a class that is cancelled will be sent back to the member. If the member has another class registration on record, we will forward this check to another class registration per your request.
Attendance at the first training session is mandatory. 100% attendance is required for all courses that issue Certificates or Qualifications. Please be on time! Late arrivals (and early departures) are disruptive to instructors and participants. Poor attendance / disruptive behavior will result in you being dropped from a particular training session.
Reminder: Dress for class like you would dress for work. You will be denied entry into any class if you show up in short pants, tennis shoes or other clothing that you could not wear to work. Please observe all of our shop/class safety rules at all times.
For additional information, please contact the Carpenter Training Center at: (847) 640-7373.
Office Hours 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.