At time of filing an application:
- Reside in one of the following Illinois Counties:
Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Iroquois, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry or Will
- Be 17 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or a G.E.D. Certificate or officially sealed High School Transcripts (minimum 8 credits)
- Have a valid Driver’s License or State ID
- Original Social Security Card or receipt showing duplicate card has been applied for
- Pass a proficiency test
- Be physically fit to work as a carpenter with no restrictions
- Pass a drug test
Individuals need to be recommended by one the following referral agencies in order to apply for entry into this Program.
- A letter of intent to employ the candidate from a Union Contractor.
- A letter of recommendation from a Local Union affiliated with the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters. Go to the “Find Your Local” tab to find the closest Local to your address.
- Veterans are eligible for direct entry without needing a referral agency letter. Register at www.HelmetstoHardhats.org. Please follow up with this office at (847) 640-7373.